Followers

Thursday 2 February 2012

'Blog of the Week' winner



Jackie
We would like to introduce you to our guest blogger this week, the lovely Jackie Wiseman, who was the winner of our 'Blog of the Week' that we run on our Facebook Group.  Jackie is another talented crafter and Jackie has kindly answered some questions for us to help you get to know her, thank you Jackie.













I've been married to Graham for 30 years ( I was of course a child bride!) and we have 4 grown children and 2 grandchildren which are our pride and joy.'

When did you start crafting and why?

 I started crafting as soon as I was old enough for my mum to teach me how to knit, and then I started sewing and used to make my own clothes for years. From sewing I progressed into cross stitch and I used to make up samples for a craft shop for a number of years.
I started card making about 10 years ago and have been collecting my 'stash' ever since much to Graham's disgust. It has spread itself over the whole house, even though I have a craft room!!

What made you decide to set up a blog?

I decided to set up my blog after seeing all of the lovely blogs that are out there, and to show off some of my work. I really enjoy entering the challenges and seeing the different ways we interpret the themes.

Whats your favourite technique, and why?

My favourite technique at the moment is stamping, I really enjoy the colouring. But I also enjoy decoupage and using my very large collection of CDs.

What are your top 5 crafty products and why?

My top 5 crafty products are:

1. Hougie Board - I use it every time I make a card, a box. I also use it under my cutting mat if I want to craft on my lap.

2. See through metal edged ruler, I couldn't be without it as I prefer to use a craft knife rather than a guillotine.

3. Promarkers and Spectrum Noir markers, they make colouring easy.

4. Ribbon - I collect ribbon, and I'm training myself to use it and not just look at it!

5. Craft Robo - I can spend hours playing with it and trying to make my own designs.

5. I'm inspired by of the many beautiful cards I see on the blogs I look at. 


Thank  for sharing this with us Jackie and good luck with your blog and everything you do.
Please visit Jackie's blog and say hi.

2 comments:

  1. A lovely inspirational read thank you for sharing with us Jackie.
    hugs Rachael xx

    ReplyDelete