Followers

Wednesday 18 July 2012

Crafty Bloggers Network Guest Blogger.......



Hi everyone, I was lucky enough to be asked to do a
guest spot on the  http://craftybloggersnetwork.blogspot.co.uk/, so
here it is.

I'm a stay at home mum of two children , Daniel 11 and Hannah who is 9.
Life in our house can be quite stressful at times, and not a lot of
sleep either. Daniel was diagnosed at 3 years old as being severely
Autistic. He goes to a special needs school which is really good.
Hannah also has some of the traits, so you can imagine the stress at
our house, hence one of the reasons I got into crafting.

I've always enjoyed making things since I was young, at one stage I
made beanbag frogs for friends ! .I got into cardmaking maybe 6 or 7
years ago when I decided to make all our own Christmas cards and
basically it's gone from there. Crafting for me is a way to relax and
forget the stresses of the day, also I love being able to make cards
for friends and family and see the enjoyment on their face when they
see it's handmade.

Recently I have also been decorating wooden letters for kids names,
mine both have some and for Christmas I made 7 sets for nieces and
nephews.

I have also decided to try and sell them and have had a stall at some
craft fairs. Trial and error but we'll see how it goes.

In April I was also lucky enough to be picked for the UK design Team
for http://kanbancrafts.com/which I am really enjoying doing, and have
made some great friends within the team.



I started my blog http://craftyfran.blogspot.co.uk/in March of this
year and through that and Facebook and the groups on there I have made
loads of friends.



As to my style of cards, I'm not sure I have a particular style, I just
enjoy using anything and will give most things a go.



This month's challenge is "Anything Goes" so here is my card . I love
these stamps and thought I'd go for a red theme as they are Christmassy
stamps.



Thanks, and happy crafting

Fran xxx

4 comments:

  1. Hi Fran - just popped over to your blog and am now following - I don't get onto docrafts much these days so it will be nice to see what your up to over here in blogland! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant post Fran thanx for joining us :D
    Ger x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card i love the colour

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Fran, sorry it has taken me this long to come here to congratulate you on your guest blogger spot, but it has been stupid manic here at home one way or another.
    I have really enjoyed reading your post here & your card that you have made to showcase.
    Hugs
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete