Followers

Friday 13 July 2012

Friday Show & Tell #2.....with Sarah

Scrap Backgrounds with Sarah This week I would like to show you a technique I used on my card on Monday for DT inspiration. I use this technique when stuck for that perfect patterned paper or background to match your theme or embellishments and is also a great way to use up those scraps and make room for some new stash. Begin by selecting lots of scraps of card stock and patterned paper.


 

Cut them to different widths.
 You can either stick them together or stick them to a thin piece of patterned paper.




Once stuck, trim to the required size. At this point you can cut them on a diagonal as well. Take a sewing machine and roughly stitch around the outside edge and up and down the strips.




Once stitched, add them to your card bases and decorate with your images, or embellishments. And here are the finished cards


 I would love to see your take on the technique so leave a link in the comments section TFL Sarah

6 comments:

  1. I really think this is a wonderful idea and very effective, I am going to do it now, now. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow nice idea going to try this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brill technique hun thanx for sharing :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards look fabulous. I really like this idea, must try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love the sewn cards I've seen, and these backgrounds are gorgeous... but I have a long history with sewing machines - when I sit down at them they break! Has anyone used one of those handheld stitching/hemming machines? I'm wondering whether I might be able to break my jinx with one of those - I'd love to be able to do this!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this technique, thank you for the idea.
    hugs Kimx
    Tried to link the post that I have done using this technique but not sure that it has worked.
    http://kimreygate.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/a-colour-challenge-at-our-creative.html

    ReplyDelete